[mythtv-users] Problem with database, cannot witch live tv - SOLVED

Simon Jones S.G.Jones at bigfoot.com
Wed May 12 19:20:52 EDT 2004

Peter Valdemar Mørch wrote:

 >>Simon Jones S.G.Jones-at-bigfoot.com |Lists| wrote:
 >>
 >>Maybe you could send me your channel table and I'll replace mine with
it and see if I still get the error?

 >Sure: http://www.morch.com/postings/mythtv/channel.db

Thanks for that. Your database did work and that led me to discovering
which step I had done wrong:

 > * Look in frequencies.c for a perfect match to the channel's
frequency, and note what that frequency is "called".

For the frequency IDs (i.e. channels) I used the ones directly provided
by my cable company. Many of them were the same as in the frequencies.c
file, but the ones which were different were obviously not recognised by
mythtv and caused the errors I got.

Finally time to play!

Simon