[mythtv-users] DVB questions.

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Wed May 12 04:22:22 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 07:01, Martin Saldert wrote:
> Hi all.

Hello and Welcome.

> I have some questions about DVB cards.
> I have a DVB-t card and have the DVB drivers installed.
> I also compiled Mythtv with DVB support.
>
> The setup finds the DVB card and i can add channels.
> But when i try the Watch TV it goes black.

I'm not sure whats going wrong here, I haven't had that problem. Maybe
you could post your backend log as you try to start watching TV.
Try a run with just "mythbackend", and then try "mythbackend -v all",
post the results here and i'm sure someone will be able to help.

> Can i use the "Watch TV" with a DVB card?
> Has anyone done it?

Yes I am doing this while I write to you. I have a backend with three
Nebula-DVB cards in it.

> Will it be possible to change channel with a remote if i use the DVB card?

Do you mean with a remote that is part of your DVB card ? The answer is
maybe, depending on if your remote is supported by linux. Have a look at
www.lirc.org .

> /DonLKSAB

I hope this helps,

Regards,