[mythtv-users] myth&&Alsa :), mythmusic&&alsa :(

Wayde Milas wmilas at rarcoa.com
Tue May 11 20:01:22 EDT 2004

I got myth working a while back with optical out by using ALSA:spdif as
the output source. Works great, everything is happy (never did get myth
working with the oss emulation by remapping, even though other oss apps
work fine remaped, but thats another story)

Anyways, if I alter the sound device in the settings table for mythmusic
to the above alsa device, just like myth's, I get an error when i try
and play a music track saying that mythmusic could not open teh device.

Does mythmusic support alsa at all?

Thanks much,

Wayde