[mythtv-users] How to Remove Buttons from frontend menus?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 11 14:06:18 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 13:18, almyth at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> [...]

That's a bit misleading... you need to have entries in your database
defining where to store ripped videos.  This setting is entered via
MythVideo setup, but once the setting is in the database, there is no
runtime dependency on MythVideo, and you could uninstall it if you
wanted to.  You could also create the DB entry by hand, eliminating the
need to install MythVideo at all.

Also, note that the MythVideo DB entry dependency is only needed for
ripping DVDs.  If you want MythDVD only for actual DVD/VCD playback, I
don't think you need it.  Of course, if you're ripping DVDs, you
probably want MythVideo anyway, since you'll need it to play back your
ripped videos!

-JAC