[mythtv-users] nuvexport failing suddenly

Shawn Asmussen asmussen at cox.net
Tue May 11 10:15:20 EDT 2004

Dan Boger said:
> On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:52:15PM -0400, William wrote:
>> Not sure if this relates to your problem but the same upgrade removed
>> 'mplex' from my system. I had to go find a rpm and manually install
>> it. I dont use nuvexport so not sure if it was affected on my system.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion - but mplex is still there...  Anything else I
> can check for?

I had this same error message the first time I tried nuvexport with xvid.
I ended up tracing the problem to the fact that I needed to recompile
transcode so that xvid4 was the default xvid instead of xvid2.
Alternatively, you could edit this line in export_Trans_XviD.pm (One of
the perl modules that comes with nuvexport):

my $command = "nice -n 19 transcode -x mpeg2 -i
$main::video_dir/$self->{episode}->{filename} -y xvid -Z
$self->{h_res}x$self->{v_res} -o $safe_outfile -w $self->{v_bitrate} -b
$self->{a_bitrate}";

and change the 'xvid' to 'xvid4'. If it's the same problem that I have,
the issue is that transcode supports several different versions of xvid,
and if you don't specify which version you want to use it defaults to
whatever version it was compiled to default to, and you don't have that
version of xvid installed (From your error message it looks like it's
looking for xvid2 and you only have xvid4 installed.)

Now I just need to figure out why my transcode blows up whenever I enable
deinterlacing. I have to tell it not to do deinterlacing or transcode core
dumps for some reason. Don't know exactly why.

Shawn Asmussen