[mythtv-users] MythTV at local OpenSource Expo

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Mon May 10 16:55:27 EDT 2004

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to mention that we just had our second Open Source Expo
here in Regina Sask Canada and myself and a couple others ran a booth
on MythTV (with a LOT of awsome feedback and very interested people).
I should have some decent pictures I can post of the booth and the
show pretty soon.

Anyway, I have a question. There was a deaf lady at the show (who's an
incredible artist and was working with the GIMP) and she was inquiring
about CC support. I found the patches for the ivtv driver and
patched/recompiled/installed the driver, but I still couldn't get vbi
support working. Does anyone know if it is actually working or
supported now?

I know it may _just_ be an ivtv thing but I figured I'd see if anyone
had successfully patched and gotten vbi support working in MythTV on a
PVR-250 or 350 card (I'm running a 250). I checked some archives but
couldn't finsd anything really recent regarding this.

Also, if it is working, is it goung to be a big deal to alter the text
(these were some questions that were asked by her) ... ie, make the CC
text larger, different font, different colour etc). Thanks for any

Lonny

--
"I was with this girl the other night and from the way she was
responding to my skillful caresses, you would have sworn that she was