[mythtv-users] tv_grab_na_dd backport data to .14 system?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun May 9 22:09:23 EDT 2004

David Hampton wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 10:44, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>Or you could start using CVS which no longer needs XMLTV for using
>>DataDirect.
>>

>How stable is CVS for daily use?  I don't mind finding/fixing bugs, but
>my wife doesn't want to have to deal with crashes.

I run CVS on my main machines, though they're not always on the bleeding
edge.  My main machine is CVS + my changes which then gets synced up
periodicly.  I've had far fewer problems with CVS than I have with .14,
and my wife is happy since a lot of the changes I made have been at her
request.

Just watch the commits and dev lists.  If there's a problem with a
recent commit it'll show up within a few hours.

The internal DataDirect grabber is nice by the way.  I just made the
switch myself.  If you DO end up switching make sure to read the docs on
how to switch.