[mythtv-users] lirc transmitter problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 7 12:42:24 EDT 2004

Jack Burghardt wrote:

> I have build simple transmiter and compiled lirc_Serial for com2 with
> transmitter on serial  when I insert module I get
>
> lirc_serial: auto-detected active high receiver
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin:sample_rate: 0
> What I have to do to get it recognized as transmitter?

If you built LIRC with transmitter support (i.e. --with-transmitter), it
is recognized as a tranmitter--it won't explicitly say so in your
output/logs.  Here are the messages I get when loading the LIRC serial
driver on my (working transmitter):

May  4 00:09:27 miranda kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver
registered, at major 61
May  4 00:09:28 miranda kernel: lirc_serial: auto-detected active high
receiver
May  4 00:09:28 miranda kernel: lirc_dev:
lirc_register_plugin:sample_rate: 0
May  4 00:09:29 miranda lircd 0.7.0pre4[261]: lircd(serial) ready

Mike