[mythtv-users] Firewire Port on cable box?

jack jr at jrh.net
Thu May 6 14:34:06 EDT 2004

I have it working with cox and a linux box. It requires some hacking to get
it working with your cable box usually but ddr1394, libavc1394 and
libraw1394 are the components required. I can post a mini how to if anybody
else is interested.

This WOULD be the greatest thing since slice bread but most channels (all
but NBC on cox) are encrypted with 5C. Till somebody hacks 5C it's
completely useless if it's encoded with it.

  _____