[mythtv-users] Multiple inputs/tuners

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Thu May 6 11:02:17 EDT 2004

> This is all working. Check out the info on channel matching, input
> preference an channel priority in the attached docs.
>
>>   I'm using the latest CVS (well, as of this weekend).
>
> Then you should be good to go. Just make sure you have the same
> string for "callsign" for each of the channels that have the same
> broadcast station.

Excellent, thanks for your help Bruce. I only noticed your reply to my
post today but last night I started to make some headway setting
things up. I've got both digital and analogue tuners working together
and mythtv jumps around as it sees fit. Channel changing even seems
pretty quick too, which is something people seem to have problems
with.

When I've spent some more time with the channel setup, I'll write up a
howto that describes the details.  This area is the big advantage
MythTV has (for me at least) over other systems.  In comparison:

ShowShifter - DVB and analogue, but single tuner only.
SageTV - Multiple tuners, analogue only except for some hacking I think.
GB-PVR - Multiple tuners but no digital either.
BeyondTV - Single analogue tuner I think.

Thanks again,

       Steve

--
Stephen Longhurst