[mythtv-users] Removing channels from EPG

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed May 5 18:12:19 EDT 2004

Poobah wrote:
> Is it possible to flag  a channel as not available in the EPG but keep
> it in the available channels?  I have several of the Music (audio-only)
> channels that I would like to be able to get to while watching LiveTV,
> but will never mark them to record.  If I delete the channel as
> described in the documentation, will I be able to enter it using the
> remote, or up/down channel keys?
>

> Also the documentation ends a little prematurely in section 21.8…

21.8 is for preventing the grabber from getting listing info.
However, you want the listings but don't want to show all of
them in the EPG. For that, there is the "favorites" mechanism.
See your keys.txt file for info on this and probably many other
nifty feature that you may not be aware of.

Mark the channels that you normally do want to see in the EPG with
"/". "4" will switch between the full list and your subset and "/"
allows your to add or remove channels on the fly.

In Setup->TV Settings->Program Guide, there is a checkbox for
"Display 'favorite' channels". When checked, the EPG will always
start with the favorites view but you can still use 4 to see the
full view at any time.

--  bjm

EPG
---
- Pressing '/' will mark/unmark the current channel as a "favorite"
- Pressing 4 will toggle the guide listing between all channels and filtered
  "favorites".