[mythtv-users] "season pass" logic

Vince LaMonica vjl at vjl.org
Wed May 5 13:42:54 EDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, James Orr wrote:

} On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 04:10, Vince LaMonica wrote:
} >
} > My question is - can I delete the episodes of the TV shows from my Myth
} > box and be certain that MythTV won't record those episodes again, even
} > though the files don't live on the Myth box? I record a show called "In a
}
} Yes, it remembers shows you have deleted.  In the database they are in
} the table oldrecorded.
}
} It's easy to test on a show with more than one airing in a week, many
} cable shows do this.  If you're using 0.14 though, remember there's a
} scheduling bug where it doesn't match blank fields as being the same.
} This is fixed in CVS (or so I am told).

Great! Yes, I'm using 0.14, so I'll watch out for that bug. One more
question - does it matter if I use MythWeb to delete my recordings as
opposed to the mythfrontend app? I much perfer the UI in MythWeb to the
mythfrontend one, so I tend to do all my scheduling/deleting via MythWeb.

I ask this because when I delete a show in mythfrontend, it asks me if I
wish to record that episode the next time it airs. However, when I delete
a show with MythWeb, it does not ask that question.

Thanks!

/vjl/