[mythtv-users] Burning to DVD

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed May 5 12:06:10 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 02:25:35PM -0700, Jayson Garrell wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 13:38, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
> > 	Hi, I have a NEC ND-2500 drive in my MythTV box (which is a DVD-/+RW
> > drive) but apparently cdrecord does not support that type of drives. The
> > cdrecord output mentions getting cdrecord-ProDVD (which is not free).
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/dvdrtools/

I've had better luck with dvd+rw-tools:

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

Don't let the name mislead you; it works with DVD-R/RW as well (I've used it
mostly with a Pioneer DVR-105).

The OP needs to keep in mind that neither of these tools know anything about
the DVD-Video format.  If your goal is to burn a disc that you can watch in
your DVD player, you would also need an authoring program of some sort (plus
more software to edit your video and convert it into something
DVD-compatible).  If you only want to dump a bunch of .nuvs off your MythTV
box and watch them on another computer, you can get by with just burning
software.

  _/_