[mythtv-users] Re:new theme preview

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Wed May 5 10:51:22 EDT 2004

 >> Without further ado, here's a preview of my new theme:
 >> http://stealthboy.com/pvr_contrib.php
 >> (the first screenshot - the "Abstract" theme)
 >
 > Note that I have not tried displaying this on my system,
 > but...Is this usable on a TV screen?

I use MythTV on a television, so of course I kept that in mind when
constructing the theme.  So, to answer your question, yes!

 > We (me and my family) use the 'Sleek' theme, because it's very
 > clear ('minimal' you could say) and easy to use (not: right,
 > down, left to select a feature on the same screen). I would
 > guess these whirring clouds in the background would be
 > pretty distracting.

I also used sleek for the same reason you mentioned.  This new theme
also has just a single vertical row of buttons to make it easier for
me to use my remote. I have my television properly calibrated (Avia
disc) so the contrast and brightness make the image appear different
than perhaps you're viewing on your monitor.  I do not find the
background distracting at all on my TV.

As a side note, my wife (who loves Myth) really liked the look of the
new theme over sleek, so for me it already has a big WAF going for it.

-Mike