[mythtv-users] Backend Crapping Out

the Jer the-jer at r00td0wn.net
Wed May 5 06:36:03 EDT 2004

Ok here's a little update.

I did a card swap to get the PVR-250 on its own IRQ and I disabled everything I didn't need.  This still didn't help.

Also, upon further investigation I found that even though the mythbackend was still showing is a "ps aux" it actually was off in la-la land.  So I guess it still was dying contrary to what I said earlier.

So here's a quick summary:

1.  Everything works except watching Live TV
2.  Watching Live TV makes the mythbackend die randomly
3.  Simply restarting the backend make you able to watch TV again

It looks to me like the mythbackend is losing contact with the PVR-250.  I don't think the PVR-250 drivers (ivtv) are the problem because I don't have to remove and reinsert them to get things working.  All I need to do is restart the mythbackend.

I'm really stumped on all of this and quite frankly I'm about to put a boot through the machine.

>Setting up a Myth box seems to be more of an art than a science ;-)

HA!  More like dumb luck! :-D

Does anyone think a custom compiled system would mke htis work?  What I mean is, building a Gentoo machine for this and compiling it all myself instead of using the pre-built ATrpms?

Thanks for any help.

the-Jer
-------
I had no shoes and I pitied myself.