[mythtv-users] Re: Re:mplayer, pvr-350, ivtv -- not working properly

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Tue May 4 23:31:34 EDT 2004

>>When I try with -vo ivtvosd I get real wierd playback.
>>
>ivtvosd sends the data directly to the PVR-350's hardware decoder--which
>can only decode MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and YUV (NV12 specification) data (but
>the ivtv drivers need more work to properly support the YUV format).
>Therefore, sending other formats (MPEG4 (XviD or DivX), QT, MOV, AVI,
>etc.) to the decoder is bound to cause problems.

I should have mentioned (and neglected to), that the test file I am using
is a   captured .nuv from mythtv that I cp over to mythvideo as a mpg
file.  So I know that is not the issue (file format), and very wierdly,
what I am fairly certain is a divx file actually has decent output
(albeit, not full screen).

I may wind up upgrading mobo/cpu at some other point, but would like to
avoid doing that.

Thanks,
Gabe