[mythtv-users] mplayer, pvr-350, ivtv -- not working properly

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Tue May 4 19:28:13 EDT 2004

Thanks for everyone's help in the past trying to get mythvideo work with a
pvr-350.  I am asking again to see if I can better quality.

Currently, if use -vo fbdev2 or -vo x11 in the command line, I have to
also add a -framedrop because I am using an 800Mhz VIA CPU and ithat
obviously does not have the horsepower to do the decoding on its own.

When I try with -vo ivtvosd I get real wierd playback.  Essentially, it is
several screens of the show overlayed on each other across a little over
half the height of the tv, like this, or a group of tiles that are
partially overlapping each other.  On the bright side, I can tell that the
audio and video are in sync with other without having to do a framedrop.
I know the mpg file is good, because I just cp one of my .nuv files from
mythtv (which play excellently), as a mpg file to mythvideo.

The particulars are as follows:

MPlayer 1.0pre4-3.3.2 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
Kernel: 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl_47.rhfc1.at
CPU: IDT/Centaur/VIA C3 Samuel 2 (WinChip C5B core)/C3 Ezra 900.3 MHz
(Family: 6, Stepping: 3)
ivtv-0.1.10-30_pre2_ck35.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm
ivtv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2179.nptl_47.rhfc1.at-0.1.10-30_pre2_ck35.rhfc1.at.i586.rpm
Also using the Mathiews' X driver with ivtvdev as the driver specified in
my X config file

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear em.  The video portion is
usable with framedrop, but that is not preferable (obviously).

Thanks,
Gabe