[mythtv-users] Question about Shutdown in MythSetup

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Tue May 4 13:27:28 EDT 2004

	Hi, I finally got my Chaintech mobo to wakeup by itself using
nvram-wakeup and I got all the scripts and tweaks setup so I can
schedule a wake-up bu just running one script.
	The next step was setting up Myth to actually do that by itself. I
stopped the front- and backends, and I re-ran mythtvsetup. I set
everything up (below are the relevant lines from the database):

| idleTimeoutSecs            | 35                           | NULL |
| idleWaitForRecordingTime   | 25                           | NULL |
| StartupSecsBeforeRecording | 300                          | NULL |
| WakeupTimeFormat           | time_t                       | NULL |
| SetWakeuptimeCommand       | echo $time > /tmp/nvram.time | NULL |
| ServerHaltCommand          | /usr/sbin/mythshutdown       | NULL |

However, the problem is that Myth did not so any of the above mentioned
tasks. Last night all recording stopped at 12:30am and there is nothing
scheduled until tonight at 10:00pm so I assumed that at around 1:05am
(12:30 + 35), myth would shutdown for the night. That did not happen.

This morning, I checked whether a /tmp/nvram.time file exists and it did
not.

Any insight into this would be very appreciated as I am so close to
getting this to work..

Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov