[mythtv-users] prebuilt pvrs for developers benefit?

Ed Benckert ed at ebonmists.com
Tue May 4 09:57:51 EDT 2004

> TV adds channels, etc.  I might even consider offering a service to rip
> their own DVD collections at $20 / DVD and placing it on the HD for easy
> viewing.

What idiot would pay $20 to rip a DVD they already own to their hard drive
for "easy viewing".

"Hmm. I bought Master and Commander for $17.99, but actually moving to put
it in the DVD player is SUCH a pain in the ass. I'll call up
'Rip-em-off-cuz-they-are-stupid AV Tech' and pay them $20 to make it
magically play without needing the DVD"

And my guess is anyone willing to pay $3000 for a Myth system would likely
have a $5000 DVD jukebox.

Ok, thats overkill on one point... I'll give you the fact that a lot of AV
enthsiasts are idiots with too much money to spend, but I cant imagine any
of them too dumb to do any research or work on their own would NOT say
"Um... Tivo is $200... yours is $3000... why?"

Just sounds to me like you're salivating to rip off some rich people.