[mythtv-users] "season pass" logic

James Orr james at orrwhat.net
Tue May 4 09:48:12 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 04:10, Vince LaMonica wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've got a question regarding the "season-pass"-like system in MythTV [the
> feature that lets you set your MythTV to record every episode of a given
> show].
>
> I use that feature a lot, but I'm finally starting to creep up to a full
> hard drive. I typically copy the mpeg2 files from my Myth box to my OS X
> box and burn them on DVD for saving [my Myth box has a PVR-350 in it].
>
> My question is - can I delete the episodes of the TV shows from my Myth
> box and be certain that MythTV won't record those episodes again, even
> though the files don't live on the Myth box? I record a show called "In a
> Fix" which has new episodes nearly every day, but they also show repeats
> nearly every day. I would like to make sure that if I recorded episode #4
> in March, and deleted it today, when they air episode #4 again this month,
> my Myth box won't record it. Is this possible? Does MythTV keep recorded
> *and* deleted shows stored in the database?
>
> Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, it remembers shows you have deleted.  In the database they are in
the table oldrecorded.

It's easy to test on a show with more than one airing in a week, many
cable shows do this.  If you're using 0.14 though, remember there's a
scheduling bug where it doesn't match blank fields as being the same.
This is fixed in CVS (or so I am told).

--
James Orr <james at orrwhat.net>