[mythtv-users] Adjust standard recording framerate

vsara6611 at email.vccs.edu vsara6611 at email.vccs.edu
Mon May 3 16:51:34 EDT 2004

Is there an easy way to adjust the standard recording framerate in MythTV?  I'm
in North America, so of course the standard NTSC broadcast framerate is 29.97 FPS
(as I'm sure everyone already knows).  However, all of my recordings seem to
suffer from a strange "smearing" between frames, so I thought I'd try to reduce
the recording framerate to 24 FPS - only I don't know how.

Relevant hardware: standard PCI Hauppauge WinTV, Athlon XP 1800/Biostar M7 VIG
Pro, 512 MB DDR, and an NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440.  Has anyone else experienced any
smearing, ghosting or similar effect?  It doesn't seem to matter which codec I
use, or what resolution/bitrate I choose, either.  Thanks in advance

- Villa
--- Msg sent via VCCS WebMail