[mythtv-users] Soundproblems only with TV

Carsten calle at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon May 3 04:38:26 EDT 2004

Okay, I have isolated my soundproblems somewhat more:

Am I right, that the sound of a tuned channel should always come out of the TV
card? Then it should be connected by the patch cable to the sound card. That
means, it should be possible to hear the sound of a tuned channel by
connecting the audio out of the TV card directly to loudspeakers.

Using xawtv this works as expected. But with mythtv this does not produce any
sound, although the video stream is shown correctly. Changing channels is no
problem either.

So why does the TV card produce no sound when it is controlled by mythtv? What
is the difference between mythtv and xawtv? Any ideas?

Carsten