[mythtv-users] mplayer blue screen

Michael Gargiullo gargiullo at comcast.net
Sun May 2 11:30:44 EDT 2004

I made the mistake of updating via yum update.

I has installed using Jarod's how-to on FC1.

I noticed things were bad when the unpatched kernel wouldn't load the
xfs modules and my video directory couldn't be mounted.

It also effected alsa and some video output.  I manually fixed alsa, but
anytime I launch mplayer all I get is a blue screen.  This happens
anytime I try top watch tv, play a DVD, play a pre-recorded video, or
play divx movie.

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?