[mythtv-users] Mythtv with Opteron

Tom Elsesser telsesser at mindspring.com
Sun May 2 11:07:45 EDT 2004

Hi all,
 I am putting together a new machine of for my mythtv project. The box
will serve as the backend, but will also be doing the usual home
server stuff; httpd, squid, squidguard, sendmail, etc. I am
considering a dual-cpu Opteron solution, as the prices for these are
not far out of line with the amd-mp chips/boards. Does anyone have any
experience with this type of setup, such as ivtv problems, mythtv
problems, anything speial I'll have to do, etc.? There is a Fedora
Core1 dist that is built for AMD_64 that'll I'll more than likely be
using.

FWIW, here is what I'm looking at:

. MSI K8T Master2 mobo VIA K8T800 chipset
. AMD Opteron 2400 Processors (1mb cache) (x 2)
. 1 gig ddr 400 ecc ram

TIA.

--
Tom