[mythtv-users] Modules for PVR-350, TV-Out...

Paul Stavrides pstav at adelie.net
Sat May 1 07:03:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've upgraded to the latest Knoppix RV4 distribution and am trying to
set up the modules for my PVR-350.   Following TomW and IvanK's TV-out
howto, but the modules section is not Debian spacific.  I am having
trouble understanding the Debian way of initing modules.  In Debian the
modules.conf is used to string together /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv  ...
ivtv0 ... etc.

If I put the following in /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv, I don't get an
ivtv-fb created.  I can do all the proper insmod and modprobes by hand.
So I know the h/w is ok.

Question:  Where is the ivtv-fb created?  Can someone shed some light
and let me know what works for them?  I think if this isn't done quite
right, I may get some instabilities, which is what I was seeing in the
RV3 release.

Thanks,

--paul

Here is the ivtv module modprobes that don't give me ivtv-fb

# This is for WinTV PVR-350 IVTV
alias char-major-61         lirc_i2c
alias char-major-81         videodev
alias char-major-81-0      ivtv

options ivtv ivtv_debug=1
#type=2 for NTSC only
options tuner type=2
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c ivtv-fb
post-install ivtv /usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -d /dev/video0 -u 0x3000