[mythtv-users] OT: PVR-250 /dev/yuv fixup?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Mar 31 12:13:27 EST 2004

	Hey all... I've been trying to use my resolution test patterns to
quantify the resolution softness I see with my PVR-250.  Thinking that perhaps
it's due to the mpeg encoder part of the chip and not the analog/capture signal
path, I've been trying to capture some raw frames.  I've recompiled the ivtv
module with the FIXUP defined, but it crashes every time I try to grab anything
(even with non-scaled 720x480 resolution).  Anyone ever try this?

	A way around it would be to capture the hauppauge-proprietary YUV
format (default ivtv without the FIXUP) and post process it.  I've done some
googling, but no leads on any code to do this.  So, basically, I can capture
some data that vaguely resembles YUV data, but can't play it or process it with
anything.

	Thoughts?... I'll try on the ivtv list too.

Thanks
-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*