[mythtv-users] Chaintech 7NIF2 Sound Problems

Dalen Kruse blacklion at blacklion.org
Wed Mar 31 09:48:04 EST 2004

Hmmm.....  A little strange that two people have this working fine with
full-duplex.  I tried the NVIDIA OSS drivers and ALSA drivers.  With both
drivers, I had my mythbackend giving me a message that my sound hardware
wasn't reporting full-duplex capability.  I'm not sure if it's a hardware
or driver issue.

Also, I've noticed on this list that there are two versions of this board.
 The "older" board with SPDIF headers on the board and a "newer" board
without the headers.  I have the newer board.  My board also does not use
the nForce2 MCP-T chipset for sound.  It has a separate CMedia chipset.
Perhaps the older boards are using the MCP-T which has full-duplex
capability?????  I don't know.

What I do know is that my life has been much more enjoyable since I
disabled the on-board sound and started using a dedicated sound card.
YMMV.