[mythtv-users] Success - KnoppMyth + 2.6.4

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed Mar 31 02:49:34 EST 2004

Cecil Watson wrote:

> David wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Just as an FYI really - there doesn't seem to be much about 2.6 in
>> the archives and this is for those who may want it...
>>
>> I started with Knoppyth and now have it working with a stock 2.6.4
>> kernel with the ivtv 0.1.9 (with
>> https://www.lison.com/ivtv.patches/ivtv-0.1.9-2.6-1-20040127.diff patch)
>>
>> Hardware is PVR350 + Radeon 9600XT
>>
>> I needed SATA and it was either patch 2.4.21 for SATA or try and see
>> if ivtv worked on 2.6.4 :)
>>
>> I think all I apt-get'ed was module-init-tools.
>> I haven't (yet) rebuilt MythTV itself - nor do I have X on the TV
>>
>> More details if anyone asks...
>>
>> David
>> PS - I had loads of probs with 2.6.3 and earlier - and with unpatched
>> ivtv
>>

> Would you kindly consider posting a howto on the KnoppMyth forum?
>
> Cecil

I will.
It took a fair amount of trial and error so the problem now is that I
can't remember what I needed to do !!

I'd be happy to work with someone to debug it though.

I am fairly busy at the moment so it won't get done straight away - if
anyone has any 2.6.4 questions though then post them here and make sure
it has 2.6.4 in the subject and I'll see if I can help.

David