[mythtv-users] Getting the image just right - playing with settings

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 16:26:48 EST 2004

> Has anyone had any glistening success with any of these
> codecs with some
>   good settings or will I get much more benefit from
> upgrading the tuner
> to say a PVR-350.
>
> In saying that, what is the big difference between the
> PVR-250 and PVR-350 ?

I have a 250 and with the default video options it still suffers from
jittery scrolling text on channels like CNN.  What fixed it for me was to
enable "use video as timebase" and "buffer extra audio". Try those options
before giving up on your existing card. I was able to get a better looking
picture by using the "kereldeint" custom filter instead of the deinterlace
checkbox which applies a linear blend filter.

 The 250 and 350 both have notably "soft" video out. The big difference
between the 250 and 350? 350 has s-video out, 250 is capture only and about
$100 difference in price :)