[mythtv-users] 1394

Sam Gibbons sgibbons at dirtytwinkie.com
Tue Mar 30 15:49:53 EST 2004

As an aside, I work for a large MSO who is actively pursuing IEEE1394 as
a recording path from their DCTs for both HDTV and regular digital
channels. These are now being deployed on the HDTV boxes from Motorola;
the 6200 series and the 9000 series.

This _will_ be a hot button issue on this list eventually. Maybe not
now, but I would bet within 9 months.

--Sam