[mythtv-users] MythTV stops recording before the program ends...

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 30 15:30:03 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Claus M. Christiansen" <a at skjern-net.dk>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 12:09 PM

> Hi...
>
> I have finally gotten MythTV to work, and I'm so very impresed... It is
> a really nice program indeed.
> Of course there have to be a but here...
>
> When I set a recording, either by the program guide or a manual
> schedule, it stops in the recording before the recording is actually
> over, which is, off course, a bit annoying. Furthermore when the
> recording stops this way MythTV doesn't 'free' the TV card and I am
> unable to view live TV after, because it believes that the TV card is
> currently recording.
> When I look at the output from mythbackend I can see it chaning from
> 'None to RecordingOnly' but never from 'RecordingOnly to none'.
>
>  I'm located in Denmark which have the PAL TV standard if that is any
> help. My TV card is a PVR 350 and I'm using MythTV CVS version on a
> Debian Unstable/Testing.
>
> Claus

Claus,

The issue you describe is normally as follows: When a recording is in
progress and you go into "Watch Recordings" on the Myth menu it kills the
current recording in progress.  This is an ivtv issue not myth.  If you go
to the ivtv mailling list and search for Matthias's X driver it fixes the
problem.  It also allows you to play back DVDs on the 350 without pegging
the CPU and having video and sound stutter along.

Malcolm