[mythtv-users] lirc and Xine

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 30 11:29:58 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jarod Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 11:31 PM

>>> All,
>>> I am having trouble getting Xine to work with my haupgrey remote.  I
> downloaded Jarrod's lircrc->>haupgrey.txt file and the file works
> perfectly.
> I want to use Xine for DVD playback, so I >>searched the archives and
> found
> some txt to add to this file that should run Xine as well - but Xine
> >>does
> not respond to the remote whatsoever.  I have included my file below.
> Please let me know >>if I am missing something here.
>>>
>>> BTW - I did after adding the Xine commands to Jarrod's file above I
>>> did
> move it to the proper >>place with the following command:  mv
> lircrc-haupgrey.txt ~/.mythtv/lircrc
>
>>> Any help would be appreciated
>
> I can't get my remote working with Xine either.  It's my understanding
> that
> Myth uses ~/.mythtv/lircrc and Xine uses ~/.mythtv/.lircrc (notice the
> . ).
> Anyhow I'd also be very interested in knowing how to get lirc to work
> with
> Xine and mplayer.

>>Not quite. Like Dan said, Xine (and mplayer) look for ~/.lircrc. Just
>>"ln -s ~/.mythtv/lircrc ~/.lircrc" and all will be happy, sharing the
>>same config file.
>>
>>--
>>Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Jarod,  I thought I also tried ~/.lircrc but maybe I had something else
wrong at the time and will give it a try again.  If both xine and mplayer
look at ~/.lircrc then is there a way to have them both work off the that
one file?
I use mplayer for MythVideo and xine for MythDVD.  I'm not just trying to be
difficult either :) here's why.

Xine supports the menus under MythDVD.
Xine however errors out when exiting MythVideo.  I then have to get the
mouse and click on the errors which I can't hardly read on the TV.  Xine
does not error out when exiting if you just play it normally on the monitor
without Myth.  Mplayer has no errors when exiting MythVideo but does not
support DVD menus for MythDVD.

Thanks
Malcolm