[mythtv-users] Re: OT wireless keyboard/mouse

Andrew Wilson agwilson at rhetorical.com
Tue Mar 30 05:58:41 EST 2004

Here's my experiences with wireless keyboards. Sorry about the shameless
plug, but I really feel that this is an important part of the whole myth
tv experience :-)  Especially if you want to write an email to your mum
from 10 feet away...

I've tried out several different wireless keyboard/mouse combos, and
they do vary greatly in usability. I didn't like the airboard for the
reasons you say.

I tried a logitech desktop RF keyboard, but I found that anything that
has the numeric keypad and the middle block of keys was just too big for
the living room. Plus I really wanted a built-in mouse

I also tried one which had a miniture joystick to move the mouse, but I
didn't like that either, as you just didn't feel in control of the cursor.

The best solution I found was a keyboard called the Scorpius Li which
has a trackball on your right thumb, and 3 mouse buttons on your left
thumb. It's not perfect - the Fn key gets in the way sometimes, and the
power off button is too close to the mouse trackball, and you do need
line of sight to the receiver, but once you get used to that it works
really well. Its range is impressive, as is the battery life.

I could only buy these in bulk so I got a bunch for myself and some
friends and sold the rest on ebay.

Everyone seems to like them - check out my ebay feedback. I still have a
bunch of these to sell - I take paypal and I'm happy to ship them
anywhere in the world.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4120698237