[mythtv-users] OSB offset?

Vince LaMonica vjl at vjl.org
Tue Mar 30 02:40:58 EST 2004

Hi all,

Well, I gave up on trying to get X to display a smaller screen size on my
TV, so I used the mythfrontend appearance settings to change the
resolution and offset to better fit on the 36" TV. Now a new problem has
come up - the OSD is a lot bigger than what it used to be. When outputing
recorded programs or live tv to my PVR-350, the OSD is now cut off on both
sides [eg: the time shows 11:3 instead of 11:37pm and the channel icon in
the upper left corner is only 1/2 displayed].

I have not changed [nor do i know how!] the resolution of the PVR-350 on
/dev/fb1. So I'm assuming that messing with the mythfrontend GUI's
resolution/offset has somehow affected the OSD [when one hits the "I" key
during playback].

Is there a way to fix this?

Also, in a somewhat related issue - is it just me, or are the checkboxes
for all the settings very hard to read? I'm using the Visor theme, and the
checkboxes are either black or super-dark blue; does anyone else have this
problem?

TIA,

/vjl/