[mythtv-users] Introduction

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Tue Mar 30 02:09:47 EST 2004

My mythtv system consists of:-

	AMD Athlon 2400+
	1gig of memory
	GeForce MX440 AGPx8 graphics
	80gig SATA drive

	Myth-tv upgrade;-
	120gig ATA-100 drive
	2xNova-T (DVB-T) cards

I run the box as a web and an email server (5 virtual domains) over
broadband using Fedora Core 1. It has two users (myself and girlfriend)
so two virtual screens (so two copies of openoffice, mozilla etc.) she
also uses a vmware session running windoze 2000. Oh and it also runs the
living room mythtv setup on the tv-out.. <Chuckle>..

It cost me a tad under 400 UKP to setup (Already had a massive monitor
and keyboards are cheap). At the time Scan Computers was the cheapest
(http://www.scan.co.uk) and there support was pretty good as well. I had
one main problem after I built it and that was it locked up on a regular
basis.. After upgrading the motherboard bios this problem has gone away.

Current uptime is 20 days.. (powercut otherwise it would be 60 days )..

All about "Bang for Buck", very cheap to buy thus it will be very cheap
to replace. Since my COGS (Cost of goods) is very low I have no complants..

Regards
Simon

Spümcø wrote:
> MythTV Users,
>
> Hello.  I've been lurking in this list on and off, and running MythTV,
> since the 0.8 release.  Recently, my "test" MythTv boxen died, and I've
> been compiling a list of components for a new one.  I plan on purchasing
> in the next week, so I welcome any comments or suggestions.
>
> Detailed list: http://tinyurl.com/2q9m3 (link goes to newegg)
>
> - Shuttle XPC Barebone System for Socket A at 400MHz FSB AMD CPU, Silver
> Model SN41G2V2
> - AMD Athlon XP 3200+ "Barton", 400MHz FSB, 512K Cache Processor
> - Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200
> - Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model 7Y250P0
> - NEC 8X Silver DVD+RW/-RW Drive, Model ND-2500A
> - Hauppauge PCI Video Recorder, TV/FM Tuner Card, Model "WinTV PVR 350"
> - Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo USB/PS2 104keys
> - Logitech Cordless RumblePad USB (x2)
> - POWERCOM 3+1 Outlets UPS, Model "EBK-350S"
>
> For those interested, here is a link to pictures of my test MythTV setup
> before it was retired:
> http://www.wowway.com/~cremaster/mythtv.html
>
> Thanks for reading,
>
> Spümcø
> "The Danes call it quality"

I remember when legal used to mean lawful, now it means some
kind of loophole.
		-- Leo Kessler