[mythtv-users] Best distribution for MythTV with Bt848 and C-Media Cm8738 audio?

Apollo (Carmel Entertainment) lists at carmelme.com
Tue Mar 30 00:49:32 EST 2004

So for past 3 weeks I haven't been able to make my Bt848 capture card & Cmedia
CM838 (w/ spdif) to work. I tried Mandrake 10 and Fedora (KnoppMyth was an
absolute failure), but when I made audio card work I tried to make capture card
work. After I did bttv, the audio (ALSA) would stop working.
I tried that Howto for Fedora, but it concentrated in PVRX50 hardware, not bt848

Any advice?

Here are the two troublemaker cards...
lspci -v output

00:0f.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt848 Video Capture
(rev 12)
        Memory at cddff000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]

00:11.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)
        Subsystem: Unknown device 17ab:0604
        I/O ports at d400 [size=256]
        Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version