[mythtv-users] XFS on a 2.4.22 kernel

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 30 00:18:12 EST 2004

On Mar 29, 2004, at 12:18, Daniel Walton wrote:

> sorry, I didn't specify in my original email that I'm not using Axel's
> kernel
> becuase I have a pcHDTV card.  The pcHDTV drivers won't compile with
> his kernel
> (at least I haven't read of anyone being able to do so) so I'm on a
> different
> kernel.

Ah, that would explain it. Very compelling reason. Yeah, I never got
the pcHDTV drivers to compile against Axel's kernel either. I believe
it is a v4l version mismatch, or something (its been a while). What I'd
suggest is using the latest FC1 kernel source (2.4.22-1.2174), combined
with Axel's latest kernel source, extract his xfs patch and try
applying it to the FC1 kernel source. Actually, even better, take
Axel's kernel src.rpm, install it, edit the spec file, commenting out
all the patches but the ones for XFS, then try rpmbuild --bb
<ATkernel>.spec. That ought to result in a nice rpm-installable kernel
package that is nothing more than stock FC1 with XFS patched on top.

HTH... =)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...