[mythtv-users] Problems updating myth packages on Fedora.

Ijaaz A. Ullah ijaaz at digitalmethods.com
Mon Mar 29 13:49:21 EST 2004

Yeah, this issue just popped up, and Axel is already aware, with updated
ivtv
rpms on the way to address the problem. The radio app was added to ivtv,

which conflicts with the radio app from xawtv. The two fixes are 1) wait
for
new rpm that rename's ivtv's radio app to radio-ivtv, or 2) rpm -e xawtv

before apt-getting ivtv. You don't have any use for xawtv if you only
have an
ivtv card anyhow (though I'm not sure if there are going to be
dependency
problems if you try to pull xawtv...)

- --

rpm -e xawtv

Worked fine for me (thanks Bruce), I should have read up on that package
before I posted anything, I have a pvr350 and 250, I should have just
removed it in the first place.

Thanks for your help.