[mythtv-users] minimum requirements client

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Sun Mar 28 21:49:51 EST 2004

I've played with mythtv enough to know what I need for system requirements
in a backend machine but I haven't gotten around to trying a seperate
client. So I was wondering what the minimum requirements for a frontend
are. I was thinking about a p2 350 because I know it can easily play
anything I've recorded and any divx or xvid movies I have in full screen
but will the delays between switching sections of myth be much slower than
if I was directly on the backend or will using a frontend machine "feel"
exactly like it would if I were on the more powerful backend.

Thanks