Subject: [mythtv-users] audio hiss

Martina Walter lists at kratzt.net
Sun Mar 28 14:29:37 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 04:51, Gregory J. McGee wrote:

> Try the oss driver. (i810_audio) I had to for the same reason,
> amongst others. (FIC AU11 in use here (NF2))

Hmmm... that may be worth a try. My setup is almost the same as Mark's.
Biostar IDEQ V (the VIA version of the same thing), Pinnacle PCTV Studio
Pro. It's a cute silent little box.

> (I never managed to grok Debians module config setup.

Oh, that's easy. As root type modconf and it will guide you.
If you need to edit module parameters (I never had to) look in
/etc/modutils and run update_modules afterwards.

> Also make sure any unused inputs (cdrom/aux/mic) are muted, I get noise
> from a busy HD if CD input gets left on.

Ooops - that's a good hint. I may have to look into that too...

Martina

PS: your mail client does something weird to the subject header (it
should start with 'Re:').