[mythtv-users] nVidia GF4 mx440 tv-out optimization

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Mar 27 20:12:36 EST 2004

On Mar 27, 2004, at 16:03, Dex West wrote:

> I guess I don't quite understand, I've got a standard
> SVideo cable connecting my TV RCA 36" to my MX440 tv
> out connector.
>
> What brand of video card do you have?  Is there a
> difference in quality between Live Tv out of MythTv
> and just viewing X?  I have not received my 350 yet so
> I have not tried to configure Myth yet.

Ah. So you're commenting on the quality of the desktop. What you're
seeing is probably as good as it gets. Computer desktops weren't meant
to be shown on interlaced displays. Myth should look fine though,
because in contrast, it *is* designed to be run on an interlaced
display. If I drop to the desktop and try to do a whole lot of work (on
my Myth box hooked to a 27" analog set), my head starts to hurt,
because is constantly jittering up and down. TV looks great though. In
contrast, I have zero problems working on my Myth box hooked to my
HDTV, which uses a progressive-scan signal.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/