[mythtv-users] More feature requests

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Mar 27 15:01:14 EST 2004

Phill Wiggin wrote:

> |> feedback.
> |>

> | There's also lots of companies that are or soon will be selling
> | MythTV based products.  They are the ones that'll take these
> | feature requests as market research and do something about them.
> | But spouting off a list of feature requests, calling it
> | contributing and then complaining when none the developers (who are
> | working for free and get nothing in return for more users except
> | more feature requests) don't jump right on it is just silly.
> |
> I must have missed something.  Did anyone complain that that
> "developers don't jump right on" the things this guy suggested?  No
> one asked _you_ to implement these ideas.  Hey, they're just ideas.

Well, the OP said that he had posted these before and no one
responded so he was posting again. This sort of implies that his
demands had not been met (this is the catalyst for the silliness
that followed but no one pointed that out specifically). There
was a reply suggesting that if he felt these are so important, he
should send a patch himself. This is perfectly valid. If someone
cannot code for themselves, who's fault is that? If someone expects
a programmer to work to their specifications, they should probably
budget ~$150/hr.

> If you don't want to implement them, don't.  What's the harm in wish
> lists?  Geez, next thing you know, you'll be griping that kids write
> letters to Santa!

But there is a problem if the kid holds his breath until he is
blue in the face if he doesn't get his bicycle.

-- bjm