[mythtv-users] Re: Re:Can't get mythvideo to work

Coax coax at cornernet.com
Sat Mar 27 14:52:02 EST 2004

FYI: I had the same problem with the ivtv X driver...

I have the regular fbdev driver working, and found no need for the
ivtvfb_drv driver in order to make MythTV work.

I'm not too familiar with how the PVR-350 works with MythVideo, but I
would guess that you would need to transcode your video files to an MPEG-2
format that the PVR-350 supports directly, as the actual framebuffer on
the PVR-350 is *REALLY* slow, and doesn't seem to support XvMC..  (I'd
imagine this would be the case with most DVD's as well..)

Chad