[mythtv-users] Can't get mythvideo to work

Ryan Brancheau (US) ryan.brancheau at us.didata.com
Sat Mar 27 14:11:26 EST 2004

This has to do with mplayer not liking the fbdev X driver for some
reason.  You can change the mplayer command line so that it has the
switch -vo x11 instead of -vo xv (I think it is).  But on mine that was
incredibly slow and not worth it.  I tried loading the new ivtvdev
driver, and that's faster, but I still need the aforementioned switch to
get it to work and it crashes on me anyway.