[mythtv-users] New OEM PVR-250MCE hanging Mandrake 9.2 --HELP ME PLEASE--

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Sat Mar 27 13:11:03 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 08:51, Dave and Lisa Hofstra wrote:
> I am an expert 'follower of directions' but by no means a Linux expert.
> I have sucessfully got a HTPC system running Mandrake 9.2 and Myth
> 0.14.  My WAF is very high for this project, so we bought a PVR-250MCE
> yesterday.  It is one of the newer ones with FM tuner and Conexant 23416
> chip (no heatsink).  I cannot get even close to installing this thing,
> it hangs my system hard when I modprobe ivtv.  There is an error posted
> when I make in the utils directory.  Could someone look at the text
> below and let me know how to correct the errors on the make  ( I have
> edited the document to use asterics to point out things I think are
> important).  I have placed the card in my $windows$ box and it works
> fine there so I know the card works.

According to a couple of threads on the ivtv mailing list, the problem
is that the card is misidentified as a rev1 card instead of a rev2
card.  Unfortunately I read this the same day I shipped my 32552 card
back to hauppauge so I can't verify its accuracy.  Since you're already
compiling, try compiling the 0.1.10 source from CVS.  It has a new
cardtype parameter for the module that will let you force the ivtv to
recognize the card as a rev2 card.

David