[mythtv-users] A basic question about setup (hopefully)

Steve Dorsey steve at dorseygraphics.com
Sat Mar 27 13:04:39 EST 2004

Hello

   Setting up MythTv on FC1. Using Jarod's guide. I was able to
successfully capture video in the command line and view it. I'm using
basic cable to test the system, and I was able to DL all the program
data with no problem. MySQL is running.

   Mythbackend starts with the system. I set up mythfrontend so I'd have
to start it manually so that I could make changes if I have to without
having to quit it after reboot.

   When I launch mythfrontend, I get menus and all that stuff. If I view
live tv, I get a black screen, and I cannot ESC back to the menu.

Totally lost here. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,