[mythtv-users] nforce and SPDIF

skd5aner skd5aner at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 23:36:46 EST 2004

Hi,

	I've been reading up for over a week now and planning on purchasing
my hardware really soon to build my first MythTV box!  I'm fairly indecisive
because I always want to make sure that I have the right equipment for my
needs.  Right now, I'm stuck on the motherboard.  I've been looking for a
nForce board that has the on-board audio with the MCP-T.  I've read that
this is a decent fit for linux and MythTV with the built in SPDIF.  But now
I'm starting to confuse myself the more I read.  Some people say it's
horrible, others say it's great. So, what's the truth?

Also, do I want SPDIF in, out, or both?!?!  That's the other part I'm
getting confused on.  Right now it looks like mainly SPDIF out, but can
someone explain to me how sound is recorded again?

I appreciate all helps and comments for the MythTV newb I am ;)

Also, any suggestions for an nForce motherboard would be great.  I'm looking
for Full Size ATX.  Right now I'm leaning towards the AOpen AK79D MAX.  Any
opinions on that particular board?

Thanks!
Matt