[mythtv-users] More feature requests

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Fri Mar 26 16:16:22 EST 2004

Garry wrote:

> Just because someone isn't a coder, doesn't mean their suggestions are
> any less welcome, surely?

No it just means that they're not likely to be a priority for
developers.  Having a feature idea is all well and good, but ideas
without code to back them up are not all that useful.

> The whole "if you want it to do that, then go code it yourself"
> attitude if the only real downer I see when dealing with OSS projects.

Well what exactly you do you expect when you getting something for
free?  Most OSS developers write code for other people all day long so
when working on OSS projects they write code for themselves.

> Coding is only one way of contributing.

Feature requests are really contributing.  If you honestly want to
contribute try writing documentation, submitting DETAILED bug reports
things of that nature.