[mythtv-users] mythfrontend crashes after ~10 minutes of watching live TV

Steven Zebrowski szebro1 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:14:03 EST 2004

Hi, all.  First post.

I just got my first MythTV install working...more or less.  I love it so
far, but there are a few issues that, if resovled, would make me love it
more.

The main issue is that the frontend completey craps out (freezes picture,
audio stops, can't ESC out) when I watch live TV for 10-12 minutes.  I have
to Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to get to a command line.  I had a friend look through
the logs, and he says he can't see anything that would indicate what messed
it up, and suggested that I ask around on the list.

I'm a complete Linux n00b, so if you could talk to me like I'm 4, I'd
apprreciate it.  Thanks.

The system I'm running is:

Gentoo Linux 2004.0
MythTV 0.14