[mythtv-users] Overscan with Geforce 2 MX

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Fri Mar 26 14:51:22 EST 2004

Hello -

I have a Geforce 2 MX card that I'm using for my TV output. I've experimented night and day with nvtv, and I can't seem to get rid of the vertical bars on either side of the image on my TV. The horizontal image size is fine. The best image I can seem to display is 800x600 Small. If I use 640x480 Large, it fits the screen but when I watch TV the quality is _terrible._ Perhaps I need to use the 640x480 and then change some other settings to fix the video quality? There are so many options in nvtv, and I have no idea what a lot of them do. If someone could at least suggest a few specific things for me to tinker with, that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

/Owen